FINANCIAL ADVISORY SERVICES
WHO WE ARE?
Business Cardinal is a member of the Matog Consulting Group with over 20 years’ experience in executing financial advisory services nationwide.
At Business Cardinal, we provide specialized financial services to cover every need in today’s business environment. Our goal is to combine the knowledge and the experience of our professionals, with innovative methods and the latest data, in service of our customers.
For each project, we set up flexible working groups that draw on the relevant expertise of Business Cardinal professionals, so as to provide our customers with relevant solutions to the challenges they face.
Whether it is raising funds to finance an investment program, or support management during a takeover or merger or whether it is performing a business feasibility study, or the operational restructuring of a business, our people are always ready to help you reach your goals.
Our team of professionals has decades of cumulative experience working on hundreds of corporate projects big and small, and can plan, analyze and implement consolidated solutions that maximize value for the end user.
Different Service type of our Financial Advisory Services
Our financial advisory services include the following below but are not limited to them:
- MONITORING AND EVALUATION OF THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OF A BANK’S BUSINESS CUSTOMERS
This includes consulting Services to Banks concerning business customers with respect to:
- Loan restructuring, by creating a Turnaround Business Plan and documenting actual repayment ability (Cash Flow Lending)
- Structuring repayment terms for existing loans
- Undertaking operational restructuring
- Independent Business Review (IBR) of major business customers’ situation to provide timely information to the Bank
- Thorough investigation of the company’s activities from both a financial and an operational viewpoint
- Pre-loan financial, legal and tax audits of business customers applying for large loans
- BUSINESS PLANS
The Business Plan is a study of the vision and the ideas that a company or an entrepreneur has, translated to a sequence of specific, measurable and achievable steps. The business plan records and analyzes the business environment surrounding the company, the industry, its competitors, the resulting products or services, as well as its advantages and disadvantages. On this basis, the steps that the company has to take in the short and long term are formulated, the capital needs for these actions are determined, and the anticipated results are calculated, in terms of both profitability and liquidity.
We able to offer all necessary support to the management of the business customer towards the preparation, evaluation and formulation of a business plan that meets the above objectives. In addition, our consultants can monitor and update, where necessary, the implementation of the Business Plan, in close collaboration and communication with the Management.
This includes the following activities:
- Recording of qualitative and quantitative benefits related to an acquisition of another business or a specific asset.
- Companies or assets valuation with the use of appropriate valuation methods on a case by case.
- Provision of expert opinion on the fair and reasonable acquisition price.
- Recording of qualitative and quantitative benefits related to a merger among business or specific assets.
- Formulation of specific financial proposals regarding the share exchange ratio among entities.
This includes the following activities:
- Valuation of the company’s fixed assets by certified engineers from renowned organizations the Ministry of Finance. Such valuations can be used with any authority, bank, insurance agent, court of justice, company and/or individuals in Nigeria and abroad
- The valuation methods used are: Discounted Income (Discounted Free Cash Flow, Dividend Discount Model and/or Residual Income Model), Comparable Assets (Comparable Company Multiples and Comparable Transaction Multiples) and Book Value (Value Adjusted Equity).
In addition to the above, our proposals include:
- Tax assessment for managing the transaction associated tax risk
- Pre-transaction tax valuation (due diligence)
- Transaction tax structuring
- Post-transaction tax advisory support
- DUE DILIGENCE
This includes the following activities:
- Detailed investigation and evaluation of a company’s legal, financial, commercial, operational and fiscal condition
- Analysis of key financial indicators such as sales, costs, inventories, receivables, liabilities, total debt.
- Risk analysis from existing or contingent liabilities in terms of dependence on customers, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Sell-side due diligence aiming to strengthen the seller’s position and highlight the related benefits and synergies from the proposed transaction.
- CAPITAL RAISE
Securing of necessary funding is a key element in the successful implementation of any Business Plan. Business Cardinal takes into account the client’s existing financial structure and proposes a tailored funding plan.
- We provide an end-to-end tailored plan with terms and condition in the cash of share capital increase with cash.
- We also offer advisory services in regards to the requirements of the SEC and the Stock Exchange in the case of public companies.
- Finally, yet importantly, we provide end-to-end solutions in the case of bond issuance, as well as assume the role of the Consultant as provisioned by the Nigeria Stock Exchange regulatory framework in the case of bond issuance and listing.
- INVESTMENT BANKING RELATED SERVICES
This includes the following activities:
- Consulting support provision on behalf of companies seeking to raise capital
- Consulting support provision on behalf of investors seeking investment opportunities.
- Presentation of the company and its business plan to prospective investors.
- FINANCIAL AND BUSINESS RESTRUCTURING
Formulating a specific action plan which aims to highlight the comparative advantages of the products or services offered by our client, to reduce production costs, to improve the company’s cash flow and profitability, to optimize internal procedures, to form an effective system of internal reporting and to develop a specific financial strategy as regards resource allocation and the action plan.
- VENDOR DUE DILIGENCE
We also help you handle sales processes.
Business Cardinal can also support you at every stage of your project by:
- Identifying and prioritizing factors to increase the business value,
- Compiling pro forma financial information,
- Analyzing past performance and building or reviewing a business plan,
- Organizing and managing data to showcase information,
- Providing guidance at each phase of the negotiation process,
- Maximizing your financial and tax positions,
- Helping to draft a price adjustment or warranty and indemnity clause,
- Helping to manage any potential litigation and claims processes.
- DISPUTE SERVICES
Business Cardinal’s litigation and dispute resolution services provide critical support to businesses involved in complex disputes. Whether your dispute involves lost profits, reasonable royalties, economic damages or business valuation, our financial litigation support team has the skills and experience to calculate the damages and carefully assess how the issue affects the business. In each engagement, we deliver deep financial insight and detailed case analysis to bolster your legal position in any dispute.
Business Cardinal dispute advisory professionals work with counsel and their clients to provide expert witness testimony and arbitration and mediation services.
We frequently collaborate with some of the nation’s largest law firms on complex business litigation, which includes support for clients in heavily-regulated industries such as energy, financial services, health care, life sciences, medical devices and private equity.
- BUSINESS RESTRUCTURING
At Business Cardinal we help you with your business restructuring issues. If you find that your business is struggling, you will want to get to grips with any operational issues and get back to making a profit. Your business may need some restructuring, whether by improving your organizational structure or making internal operations more efficient.
Business Cardinal performs an operations review to identify operational inefficiencies, saving costs and reducing overheads. We will look at unprofitable business segments, divisions or affiliates and any weaknesses in systems, procedures and controls.
We help you during restructuring by:
- Defining and implementing an overall strategic turnaround and restructuring plan.
- Preparing a priority timeline for restructuring.
- Providing operational consultation at each stage of the restructuring.
- Providing consultation services addressing bankruptcy issues.
We will also help you avoid future risk situations by:
- Helping you understand the causes of the company’s past shortfalls.
- Assessing your business’ short-term and long-term viability,
- Preparing short and long-term financial projections and cash flows.
- Developing operational tools and reports,
- Searching for business partners and merger or acquisition opportunities.
- REAL ESTATE VALUATION
Real estate values are determined by a range of complex dynamics, which are often difficult for internal staff to properly assess. Our professionals regularly establish real estate values for private and public entities, including joint ventures, property managers, brokers, developers, investors and Fortune 100 companies. Many of our professionals are certified real estate appraisers with deep experience completing debt valuations, acquisition and loan underwriting due diligence, third-party and internal valuation reviews, feasibility studies, market research, cash flow modeling and tenant credit reviews.
- FIXED ASSET VALUATION SERVICES
From machinery and merchandise to furniture and fixtures, fixed assets are an important component to your company’s balance sheet. Our team provides specialized valuation support for financial reporting issues (such as fair value financial reporting or impairment testing services) and tax valuation services, which means you receive the accurate and defensible valuation data you need to make sound business planning decisions.
- BANKRUPTCY LITIGATION
Business Cardinal’s bankruptcy litigation support and forensic accounting professionals have the skills to thoroughly investigate specific lender, creditor and debtor issues, provide consulting support to legal counsel, and expert witness testimony if a case moves to trial.
- BUSINESS INSURANCE CLAIMS
When a company’s operations are interrupted by natural or man-made disasters, filing a business insurance claim can be a daunting task. Business Cardinal has the business interruption claim preparation experience your company needs to properly assess the facts and circumstances, gather the right documentation, accurately calculate damages and present this fact-based case to your insurance carrier.
- COMPLEX COMMERCIAL LITIGATION
Our complex commercial litigation advisory team provides financial and economic analysis to major law firms, corporate counsel, governmental entities and corporate management involved in complex financial disputes. Additionally, our professionals are thought leaders who regularly provide expert witness testimony in commercial litigation cases involving hundreds of millions of dollars.
- CONTRACTUAL DISPUTES
When business agreements are breached, it can cause significant economic damage to the aggrieved party. We have the skills to analyze each situation, illustrate financial damages caused by nonperformance and collaborate with legal counsel to help build the best defense for your company’s case.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY DISPUTES.
When your organization needs to defend against infringement of copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property, count on Business Cardinal to help you mount a strong defense. Our IP litigation support team can quickly assess your situation, calculate valuations and damages, provide discovery support for legal counsel and expert witness testimony if the case moves to trial.
- POST-ACQUISITION DISPUTES
Even under the best of circumstances, disputes can arise after the close of a merger or acquisition. Our team has substantial experience analyzing and helping clients resolve disputes over alleged breaches in representations and warranties, earn-out provisions and post-close purchase price adjustments as an upfront consultant or a third-party neutral.
- PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY MATTERS
Service providers large and small are often subject to professional liability lawsuits, which may involve breach of contract, professional negligence, or a host of other matters with financial consequences. Our team can review all financial representations covered in contracts or other professional services agreements to help clients assess potential liability allegations or uncover options they may have to reduce any financial exposure that exists in a liability claim.
WHY YOU SHOULD HIRE US?
Business Cardinal supports you at every stage of your project by:
- Gaining an understanding of the performance of your target company.
- Identifying and analyzing the business, cash and key value drivers behind the acquisition price.
- Identifying potential risks,
- Maximizing financial and tax positions,
- Helping to draft price adjustment or warranty and indemnity clauses, then implementing them.
- Conducting a post-acquisition audit and preparing your opening balance sheet
- Business Cardinal relies upon the experience and expertise of its professionals to provide optimal solutions tailored to the needs of each client individually.
- Our finance advisory services can help you to manage your risk/return trade-offs to support you with better decision-making around financing and capital efficiency.
- Our multinational team is located in 4 offices across Nigeria
- At Business Cardinal, we provide best-in-class deal capabilities for clients worldwide
- We have at our disposal qualified and experienced experts with various industry experience to aid in executing corporate finance services
From due diligence, tax services, to restructuring underperforming businesses, Mazars financial advisory services offer vendors, purchasers and financiers all the necessary skills and expertise to serve every aspect of their transactions.
Businesses are regularly presented with complex financial situations and decisions. Some of these situations’ present valuable opportunities, such as acquisitions or expansions, while others require you to protect yourself in litigation matters or financial disputes. How you respond to these demands is a major determining factor in the success of your business. Organizations facing demanding financial decisions and situations often require expertise that’s outside the realm of their internal resources which are resources that may already be stretched thin.
Business Cardinal’s financial advisory services team specializes in helping organizations manage major transitions and accounting issues, while mitigating threats that can pose significant risks. We apply our professional experience, competencies and methodologies to navigate complex corporate financial situations smoothly and with minimal disruption to the organization. Through effective process management and continual communication, we allow businesses to stay focused on activities that maximize value.
Our deep knowledge of the corporate financial landscape and our experience in a variety of industries allow us to provide objective advice for your complex challenges. Contact Business Cardinal for your financial advisory services Bottom of Form
If you would love to engage us for this service, please call us on 08023200801 or request us to send you a proposal by email to email@example.com or complete our customer enquiry form for more details.